Ready for some robot fun? I can't wait to share Screwloose with you! He's a Stampendous stamp that's totally stinkin' cute! There are several different versions of him and some of those versions include his faithful pet dog Sparky! He's sooooo cute!
1) OUTSIDE: Start with 6 1/2” x 5” white card. Cover with blue cardstock. Cut 6” x 4 ½” green dot patterned paper and glue centered. Cut 5 ¾” x 4 3/8” red cardstock and glue centered. Using 2 ¾” square cutting die cut a square from front of card, 7/8” from the left and 7/8” from the top. Cut 5” x 7” white cardstock. Glue piece of foil on top. Use gear cutting die to cut 4 silver, 1 green, and 1 red gear. Set aside.
2) Cut 3 ¾” x 5 ½” white cardstock. Glue piece of foil on top. Run through embossing machine using steel plate folder. Take blending tool and memento ink and rub over embossed foil. Use 3” square cutting die to cut square from embossed foil, 3/8” from the left and 3/8” from the top. Glue on top of red cardstock as shown.
3) Use 2 ¾” tag cutting die to cut blue cardstock, and cut ¾” x 2 1/8” white cardstock strip. Round corners and glue onto blue tag. Stamp “You spark my life” sentiment onto white. Glue down green gear, foam tape tag, and glue silver and red gear to card front as shown.
4) INSIDE: Glue 6 ½” x ¾” red cardstock strip to bottom of card. Cut 5 ½” x ”5/8” white cardstock. Glue piece of foil on top. Run through embossing machine using steel plate folder. Take blending tool and memento ink and rub over embossed foil. Glue centered on top of red strip.
5) Cut 3” blue cardstock square and stamp with Screw Loose Cling Stamp using Memento ink. Glue to inside making sure to line it up with window on front of card.
6) On white cardstock stamp Screw Loose Cling Stamp using Memento ink. Color with Copic Markers. Cut out and foam tape onto blue cardstock over stamped image. Glue silver gears as shown. Stamp “You spark my life” sentiment onto white. Using StazOn ink, stamp 9 “screw” stamp onto an extra piece of foiled cardstock. Punch out with hole puncher and apply to circle pop dots. Place screws on outside and inside of card as shown.
Continue the creative fun by checking out these other blogs . . .
Every wish you had the perfect stamp to create a card for the knitter in your life? Or maybe you love to knit and stamp and you just want an excuse to make something with some cute yarn graphics! Avery Elle has got you covered! They came out with this adorable stamp set called " Made with love ". It features a knitting theme and has 2 borders, 2 graphics, and 9 sentiments! It's so stinkin adorable!!!
This is definitely one set that you need for your stamp collection because it would be great for cards, gift sets, or even scrapbook pages. It's that versatile!
*NOTE: I recommend stamping the image with Memento Ink as a 3rd generation stamp (This way you have an outline in really pale black ink to color), coloring it with the following Spectrum Noir Markers, and then stamp over entire image with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.*
It's not too late! You can still down load the perfect Valentine image and make a quick card! It's easy...Just Buy it, print it , color it and slap it onto a piece of cardstock, and you're done! You don't need fancy embellishments....writing a love note inside is the perfect way to finish off your valentine for that special someone! Choose from 5 different Valentine Digi Stamp Releases
When you think of organizing your scrapbook space you think of all these amazing (and expensive) furniture/storage craft room options out there. But wait! . . . Why not think outside of the box to organize your scrapbook room. Thrift stores and garage sales have some of the greatest finds for creating your one of a kind crafting space. It looks great, it's functional, and the best part is that your space is unique to you!
For instance do you have tons of ribbon? Why not display it in open Mason jars so you can be inspired by it everyday!
If you don't like mason jars...how about old fashion candy jars? They can hold ribbon, buttons, stickles, or large flowers.
Do you have too many tiny embellishments that you have tucked away in random places. (Because you know SOMEDAY you will use that tiny embellishment...you know who you are!) Why not try fish and tackle boxes to hold all those little treasures.
How about Buttons and flowers? If your anything like me you have a TON! I used an old spice rack to house all my buttons and flowers. This way I can have it on my desktop and have quick access to it.
There are lots of different ways you can creatively organize your space. You can use some of these ideas or check out other crafters spaces on Pinterest!
Why not have some mid week fun with National Cheeseburger Day! It's tommorrow on the 18th!!! I'm not kidding...it's actually a holiday! I have been known to celebrate odd holiday's with my family from time to time. As the kids were growing up I thought I would make life more intresting for them by surprising them with weird national holiday parties like National Goof Off Day, National Noodle Day, National Fresh Breath Day, or my personal favorite National Talk Like a Pirate Day! My favorite site to go to for a list of all these fun holidays is Brownies Holidays & Observances.
Here is my National Cheesburger Card, that I made to surprise my son. Inside there is a gift card to McDonalds! I bet you have someone special in your life that needs a cheeseburger card. . . and truthfully, deep down don't we all just want a cheeseburger card?
I was inspired by Stampendous Jumbo Lovely Garden Cling stamp to create this lovely "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" box! I love those giant flower stamps....I just want to STAMP EVERYTHING with them!!! When I got married I missed out on all this fun, but I love the idea of it. Asking a dear friend to stand by your side on such a special day, most definitely warrants a special gift! I added a few fun items inside the box for fun! I hope you are inspired to create your own special gift!
NOTE* I like to use a stamp postioner for the technique I used on the flower and butterfly. I wanted to show you a picture of how I tape down my positioner to a piece of thick foam( I always stamp on foam for better stamped results) so that as I'm working the stamp positioner won't move.
I scored both 12x12 cardstock papers at 1 1/4" . I made small cuts to bth ends as shown on the red line. Folded edges, and adhered tabs to inside flaps. Repeat for all 4 corners.
1. Stamp Flower with a light application of Memento Ink. Color with Spectrum Noir markers. Ink flower with Versamark and align with stamp positioner, and stamp over original flower. Sprinkle on Aged Silver Embossing Enamel, shake off excess and heat set. Cut out and repeat process with remaining flowers and butterflies.
2.Cut out yellow square, and teal scallop from Authentique 6x6 Radiant Paper Pad. Print sentiment on yellow squares. Adhere to teal scallop. Cut Butterfly paper in half and adhere to front of box. Glue ribbon only to the top of the box (this way you can wrap it around entire box and tie on the top). Adhere sentiment scallop to center, and foam tape flowers. Adhere butterfly.
3. Repeat process for inside of box.
This would also be a really fun way to make a beautifully wrapped birthday present, and matching card! Let your imagination go crazy and see what you can make!
What makes them different from other necklaces is their larger size, and the incredible glass piece that fits on top! The glass is really thick and is rounded at the edges which makes whatever is under it magnify! And of course there is the whole "customize it anyway you want" aspect!
There is the Circle Pendant
Here I've placed a sticker inside the pendant
This is a piece of paper placed inside
Here I've attached another bail to the bottom to add more beading
They also have the Square Pendant
(which is my fav, because you get more surface to cover)
You can customize your squares by . . . .
Stamp a sentiment
Use your cutting dies
Use your cutting dies with stamps
Use stamps and Stickles
As you can see you can customize these anyway you want, and they would make excellent gifts! So go ahead use your stash to create something interesting, think outside the box. Make one of your own . . .but you can't have this one, this one is mine ; )